Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Jessica's Digital Portfolio Blog

Jessica's Digital Portfolio Blog

* A link &/or state the application used:  

My Digital Portfolio & My Pinterest Page

* A brief explanation of the tool & how you used it: I use Pinterest to search for, save, follow, and share educational ideas and lessons with other educators, including my fellow co-workers. I also used my Pinterest page to upload all of the assignments that I have completed in this course. My assignments can be found on a board that I created entitled, :EDUC 536 Technology For Learners - Digital Portfolio. 


* A brief comment on the elements of the rubric for the digital portfolio:



Platform:               I created and maintained a digital portfolio for this assignment using Pinterest. Using Pinterest enabled me to support and encourage 21st century learning for my class. I was able to do this by pinning 21 century information, lesson plans, articles, photographs, websites, activities, games, songs, bulletin board ideas, and much more that will now be integrated into my classroom and curriculum. 

Content:               My Pinterest page is full of digitally rich material that demonstrates my understanding of 21st century skills. In addition to the information I have saved on my page, I am able to quickly search for more information when needed within seconds. Pinterest holds an enormous amount of educational sites that will be sure to complete any and all of my classroom content. I can even follow fellow classmates and educators in order to gain access to their Pinterest pages and materials.  I can also reference to and use the information I have pinnned to integrate best teaching practices into my curriculum by adapting them to meet the needs of my lessons and students. I have incorporated digital citizenship within my Pinterest page by allowing students to access educational boards to further their own educational experiences while learning online. 


Reflection:            I will use the theory and practice of using Pinterst to emphasizing a complete 21st Century Learning application in my classroom. I will be easily able to due this as Pinterest is extremely user friendly.  I enjoy how Pinterest allows me to reference all of my pinned materials in organized boards, that I am able to separate by my own determined categorized subjects. I can easily share lesson ideas with my third grade team as they are also on Pinterest and we can follow one another's boards.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

4 comments:

Mrs. Mitchell's Class said...

Happy Pinning Jess!

Mrs. Mitchell's Class said...

Jessica I like how you incorporated some of your stuff as well as others. I haven't yet tried that adventure of Pinterest!

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
Your portfolio looks great! Your right, Pinterest holds a lot of info. It looks like you have some great resources on there!

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
Your portfolio looks great! Your right, Pinterest holds a lot of info. It looks like you have some great resources on there!

Post a Comment