Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Digital Portfolio

Live Binders Digital Portfolio

I chose to use Live Binders which is an online resource to help organize files on your computer.  I used it personally to organize some of my files on my school computer so that I could delete and free up space.  I also used it to store examples of student work so I don't have to keep them stored in my cabinets.  I found this to be useful also because I will have these examples to show my kids next year.  Live Binders, however, is not easy to manage.  It's a lot of playing around and saving documents in a specific way to get them to show up in your binder immediately.  I found this to be aggrivating as I don't have time to play around with documents.  I would rather just leave them on my computer in a file to take up space, BUT once I did navigate and play around with it, I was able to get some of my documents posted and into a binder.
Live Binders certainly supports a web 2.0 tool for the classroom.  Although I used this for my personal housekeeping in my classroom/computer, it's great because I can collaborate and communicate, via the web, about other binders that are active and useful.  This site allows you to search and navigate through other binders  and I have found this to be helpful as well.  This program also allows you to be creative.  I could change the settings for different formats, colors, fonts, etc.  I could totally see some of my more "tech savy" students using this as an online tool.  I'm thinking of one student in particular who is a wiz at the computer who would LOVE this tool to keep his things in.  Although I find it difficult to navigate, he would be able to amazing things.  Again, a student would teach me!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment