Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Magistra Goetz's Latin Lounge

For my digital portfolio, I created a blog called "Magistra Goetz's Latin Lounge", to be used primarily as an enrichment space for my students. I connected it with my grade level team's wiki, which is focused on my class content, to provide further information on cultural topics, alert them to classics in the news, tips on completing projects, and other fun activities. I spent most of my time creating pages like "Loquere Quasi Romani" ("Talk Like the Romans") and "Why Latin?", as well as generating a list of links for Classics in Cyberspace. In the future, I plan on generating more blog posts discussing cultural topics or sharing links to fun classics content (to prove it actually exists!). I know that I have to give myself a schedule to ensure that I post at least once a week. I would also like to expand contributors to the blog to include officers in the Junior Classical League (our Latin club) so they can use this platform to communicate with club members both at our school and across the country. This will allow me to address one of the most challenging standards in my content area, Goal 5: Participating in Wider Communities of Language and Culture, as well as NETS.S 2a and 2b. I've shown the blog to several students and they've already given me some great feedback on how to use it. They liked the post I wrote about the National Latin Exam that included links to study aids for those students who want to go the extra step to prepare. They would like to see more content like this, especially links that will help them understand language topics they are struggling with. I'm excited to develop a space for me and my students to kick back, relax, and have fun with the classics!


  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emily,
Sounds like a great idea. I really like the idea of the lounge serving as a place for enrichment. This gives me some ideas for my AP Psych class since some of the students are very motivated a similar format could offer them more.

Post a Comment